OFFSHORE SERVICE OFFERING – DATABASE ORACLE
• Providing Database Administration to the Production, Test/Reporting & Development Environment
• Configuration Management
• Capacity Planning
• Fine Tune the Production Database for Maximum output
• Performance Management
• Patch Administration and Management activities
• Documentation of Major and Minor bugs and fixation
• Providing Standard Reports.
• Creating primary objects (tables, views, indexes).
• Creating primary database storage structures (tablespace) after application developers have designed an application
• Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers
• Enrolling users and maintaining system security
• Controlling and monitoring user access to the database
• Maintaining archived data on tape
• Backing up and restoring the database
• Contacting Oracle for technical support
• Providing On-call support for Non-Business hours
• Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing,
education and production usage.
• Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the
• Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes
and menu changes through the development life cycle.
• Planning for backup and recovery of database information
• Ensuring compliance with Oracle license agreements
• Providing On-call support during weekends
• Installing and upgrading the Oracle Database server and application tools
• Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
• Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools
that access the Oracle database.
• Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and
ensure maximum uptime of the database.
• Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to
ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate.
• Provides technical support to application development teams
• Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects
• Manage sharing of resources amongst applications.
• Providing the physical database design
• Monitoring the Security Management
• Performing Data optimization and Data Modeling
• Performing Disaster Recovery Activity, validating with the standby database maintained